Slip and Fall
What are the Most Common Cause of Slip and Fall Accidents?
According to the National Floor Safety Institute falls account for eight million or 23% of all hospital visits each year. Slip and Fall accidents account for 1 million hospital visits each year or 12% of total falls. Injuries caused by slip and fall accidents vary, from bumps and bruises to broken bones and dislocated joints. The segment of society who suffer most from fall injuries are the elderly. For seniors between the age of 60-84, falls are the second leading cause of death. The most common cause of slip and fall accidents are:
- Wet and Uneven Surfaces are the most common cause of slip and fall accidents. Especially when walking on or near cluttered floors, loose mats, waxed floors, torn carpeting, and defective walkways.
- Weather Conditions increase the likelihood of a slip and fall accident. Streets, sidewalks, or building entryways can become slippery and cause accidents when they are exposed to snow, wind, rain, or ice accumulation.
- The workplace is where slip and fall accidents most frequently happen. The work environment can become dangerous when exposed to tools, and equipment, which require special training. Slip and fall accidents can be caused when working outside on uneven ground, or trip and fall on materials and debris that have not been safely discarded. Slip and Fall accidents can be avoided by wearing (PPE), Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, slip resistant shoes or boots, and safety glasses.
- Nursing home neglect is one of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents among seniors. The elderly under the care of medical providers are susceptible to slip and fall accidents because they need support and constant monitoring to help them perform simple tasks that most people take for granted. Diminished eyesight, limited mobility, and reduced depth perception puts them at risk. It is important that facility administrators, nurses and their aids assist residents properly. When this does not happen the elderly could be at risk of a slip and fall accident that could lead to broken bone, brain injury, and even death.
If you or someone you love has suffered a slip and fall accident. Call Garrison Law Firm for a free legal consultation to review your claim. If you have been injured due to a slip and fall accident caused by the negligence of others, call Garrison Law Firm so you can have the peace that comes by knowing someone is fighting for you.
What Should I Do After a Slip and Fall Accident in Arizona?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, it’s important that you consider the following to ensure that you build a strong case that will help compensate you for medical expenses, lost wages and damages related to your accident.
- Seek out medical Treatment: for your injuries. Being examined by a doctor will not only help you on your road to recovery, but it will also provide medical records that could become important evidence as it pertains to your claim.
- Document everything: at the scene where the accident took place, take photos of the exact location, and the conditions associated with the accident. Be sure to get the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email of all witnesses. Taking their statement could help your claim if you decide to pursue legal action. Document what you were doing, where you were going, and what you were wearing prior to the fall.
- Keep all your records, medical bills: and receipts related to what you paid to be treated for your injuries. This will help the attorney determine the value of your claim.
- Limit your communication: related to your accident. Do not post anything on social media, do not speak to insurance companies and do not accept responsibility or place blame on anyone.
- Contact an attorney: with knowledge and experience in slip and fall injury law. Slip and fall cases are complex and difficult to prove. Having the right attorney can mean a world of difference in how you recover from your injuries and the devastating financial impact of mounting medical bills, loss of wages, and damages related to your injuries.
How long do I Have to file a Claim for My Slip and Fall Injury?
Slip and fall cases in Arizona are a type of personal injury claim. You have a two-year statute of limitation to file a claim for an injury sustained in a slip and fall accident. Failure to submit a claim within this time frame, will result in being barred from ever filing suit for that injury.
Need a Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Arizona
When you are the victim in a slip and fall accident, the stress of not knowing how you are going to pay for the mounting medical bills, and the pain and suffering of the injuries you sustained can leave you feeling hopeless. Garrison Law Firm has a record of winning substantial verdicts and settlements for their clients. Call today for a free legal consultation to review your claim.
We proudly serve Surprise, Peoria, Glendale, Avondale, Wickenburg, Buckeye, Phoenix and the surrounding areas.